Terms and conditions
The Mortgage Works (UK) plc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nationwide Building Society and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 189623. Most Buy to Let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Nationwide House, Pipers Way, Swindon SN38 1NW. Registered in England. Company Registration Number 2222856.
- All details correct at time of publication.
- All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice.
- Terms and conditions of products and services and interest rates may be varied.
- The products and services on this site are available to UK residents only (excluding Northern Ireland for mortgages) and none of the information on this site is intended for viewing by anyone living outside the UK.
- Nothing appearing on this site amounts to a formal offer to sell any product or service.
- Where this site links to other web sites, The Mortgage Works accepts no responsibility or liability for their content or accuracy.
- Any dispute arising in relation to this site or anything appearing on it will be governed by English law.
- The Mortgage Works may monitor and record any telephone calls for training and security purposes.
- All loans and mortgages are subject to status, valuation and certain restrictions. Your property will be required as security. Loans and mortgages are not available to persons under 21 years of age. Written quotations available on request.
- Mortgage products are available to new customers or to existing customers, with the exception of our Product Switch range which is available to existing customers only.
- BT landline calls to 0845 numbers cost a maximum of 3p per minute. Calls from other networks may vary.
Open emails are not always secure. If you send us an email, please keep confidential information to a minimum. We, in turn, will use our security procedures to check your identity before giving out information about your account.
The Mortgage Works cannot accept responsibility or liability for any damage resulting from email messages sent to or received by us.
Up-to-date Product Information
In order to view the most up-to-date information on our products and services, you may need to clear your browser's cache.
Card payments taken by Arrears Management
Important information regarding card payments taken by Arrears Management:
- The Mortgage Works is based in the UK, therefore card payments taken by Arrears Management will be processed in Pound Sterling only.
- If we make an error or process your card payment incorrectly we will contact you and make arrangements to offer an appropriate refund to the original card used.
- The Mortgage Works take card payments for Financial Services including, but not limited to mortgages.
- Full details of our Products and Terms and Conditions can be found elsewhere on this page.
- For more information, please contact the Nationwide Specialist Lending Collections dept on 0800 212508 ( +44 1202 790651 if calling from outside the UK). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am- 8pm, and Saturdays 9am- 5pm.
Browsers and the browser cache
Browser or web browser
A web browser is a piece of software used to locate and display web pages on your computer.
There are many web browsers available but the most common ones are Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Mozilla's Firefox, and Google's Chrome.
This is a place on your computer where your browser keeps things that it downloaded in case they're needed again. The first time you visit any page on a website the browser stores the page so that the next page will load faster if it uses some of the same things, like images and logos.
Clearing your browser cache
Depending on your browser settings you may sometimes have to empty this cache so that the latest version of a webpage is displayed in your browser; you can usually do this via your browser's options menu, but you can also make sure the latest version of a page is displayed by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and clicking on the refresh button in your browser.