We could all do more to help the planet, and our properties have a huge impact on climate change. According to the government's latest greenhouse emissions study, 15% of carbon emissions comes from homes. The right improvements can make a big difference, and you or your tenant could save money on energy bills.
Borrow more on your mortgage
If you already have a buy to let mortgage with The Mortgage Works and want to make energy efficient home improvements, you could borrow up to 75% of the value of your property (including your current mortgage).
What we are doing to go greener
As the buy to let lender of Nationwide, we’ve collectively taken steps to ensure we’re going greener.
- We use 100% renewable electricity and don’t send any waste to landfill
- We are carbon neutral. This includes all energy use and emissions for our internal operations and fleet vehicles
- Nationwide is a member of the Green Finance Institute’s Coalition for the Energy Efficiency of Buildings. Working to promote the benefits of energy efficient buildings.
More resources for going green
- Home energy advice – from the Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Energy saving quick wins – from the Energy Saving Trust
- What can I learn from my EPC? (Energy Performance Certificate) – Simple Energy Advice website
- What is climate change? - the Committee on Climate Change website
- Carbon footprint calculator - find out what your impact is using the WWF footprint calculator
- Find financial assistance for energy efficient homes in England and Wales - from Simple Energy Advice
- Find financial assistance for energy efficient homes in Scotland - from Home Energy Scotland
The Mortgage Works is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites. The Mortgage Works does not make any recommendation or endorse any advertising, products, services or other content on such external websites.