TMW Online Mortgage Switcher
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re a mortgage broker completing a switcher application on behalf of your clients, you must use TMW Online
If you pay the product fee by credit card, you may be subject to an additional fee from your credit card provider. Please contact them for more details.
Switch your mortgage deal online
If you already have a mortgage with us and you’re eligible to switch, simply log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher. You’ll then be able to:
- Compare your current mortgage with our latest offers
- Shortlist the mortgages you’re interested in and compare rates, features and repayments
- Switch your deal online in minutes
Our Online Mortgage Switcher is available between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.
Be aware – switcher dates
You can switch your mortgage up to six weeks before your mortgage deal is ending, although the new rate won't take effect until the current deal expires.
Product switches always take effect from the 1st of the month. Switcher applications must be submitted and accepted at least 5 days before this. After this time, the new deal won’t apply until the 1st of the following month.
The table below shows the dates that an application can be submitted and accepted, in order to apply from the 1st of the following month.
|Date new deal applies from||Earliest acceptance date||Last acceptance date|
|1 February 2021||20 December 2020||27 January 2021|
|1 March 2021||17 January 2021||24 February 2021|
|1 April 2021||17 February 2021||27 March 2021|
|1 May 2021||19 March 2021||26 April 2021|
|1 June 2021||19 April 2021||27 May 2021|
|1 July 2021||19 May 2021||26 June 2021|
|1 August 2021||19 June 2021||27 July 2021|
|1 September 2021||20 July 2021||27 August 2021|
|1 October 2021||19 August 2021||26 September 2021|
If you’d like some advice on the options available to you, please contact an independent financial adviser (IFA). If you don't have an IFA, you can find an adviser on www.unbiased.co.uk.
If you'd like an IFA to speak to us on your behalf, you'll need to provide your authority. If you'd like an IFA to apply on your behalf, they'll need to use the intermediary version of the Online Mortgage Switcher.
How do I apply?
You’ll need to login to the Online Mortgage Switcher, then enter the following details to start the process:
- Your mortgage account number (you'll find this on your mortgage statement)
- Your date of birth
- The sort code of the bank or building society from which your mortgage direct debit is taken. If you don't pay by direct debit, you can use your exact last payment amount.
- The Online Mortgage Switcher is available for use between 8am and 11pm, Monday to Sunday.
- If you experience difficulties with the Online Mortgage Switcher, please try an alternative browser such as Internet Explorer.
- You can use the Online Mortgage Switcher on your desktop or laptop. It’s not available on mobile or tablet devices. If you don’t have access to a desktop or laptop you can call one of our team to help you.
Alternatively, you can switch using our application form. Complete the form and send it to: The Mortgage Works, Portman House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, BH2 6EP. We'll then send an offer to you, which you'll need to sign and return. You can have a broker involved, but this is not necessary.
What happens once I’ve logged in?
Follow the steps below to find out how to switch your mortgage using the Online Mortgage Switcher.
Step 1 - Check eligibility This will reveal additional content
Step 2 - Choose your mortgage This will reveal additional content
Step 3 - Get a full illustration and offer This will reveal additional content
Step 4 - Switch to a new deal This will reveal additional content
Step 5 - What happens next This will reveal additional content
What happens once I’ve logged in?
Our Online Mortgage Switcher FAQs can help if you’ve got any questions.
Mortgages are secured on your property. You could lose your property if you do not keep up payments on your mortgage.